Health and safety officer
The health and safety officer training course is intended for employees who will fulfil the role of health and safety officer or whose task it is to ensure good working conditions. The course is also very useful for employees who are keen to gain of maintain knowledge in the area of occupational health and safety.
What does a health and safety officer do?
The health and safety officer provides advice on necessary preventative measures set out in the Risk Inventory and Evaluation (RI&E). The programme teaches (future) health and safety officers to structurally address occupational health. Broadly speaking, you will be introduced to the Working Conditions Act and regulations and to the RI & E process. An important part of this training is your position as a health and safety officer and how you will work together with stakeholders in the organisation (management, works council, managers and employees). After completion, you will have gained sufficient theoretical knowledge and the practical skills to fulfil your role of health and safety officer.
- Working Conditions Act and regulations
- Plan of Approach
- Definitions and content of occupational health care providers related fields
- Safety, health and wellbeing
- Position, tasks and responsibilities of the Health and Safety Officer
- Communicating with stakeholders in the organisation
- Translating policy into a concrete plan
This is a two-day course.