KLM Health Services (KHS) and its subsidiary Airport Medical Services firmly believe that the privacy of their customers, potential customers, and website visitors is of crucial importance. The personal details of our customers, potential customers, and website visitors are therefore secured and treated with the highest possible care, in accordance with the requirements set by the Dutch Data Protection Act (AVG).
We have used specific terms and abbreviations in this privacy statement. Some of these are defined and explained below:
- KHS: KLM Health Services;
- AMS: Airport Medical Services, a subsidiary of KLM Health Services;
- Personal data: data that relates to you directly or indirectly. For example, your name, address and medical data;
- Processing: this refers to everything that can be done with your personal data. This includes gathering data, but it may also refer to storage, utilisation and deletion of data from our systems.
- For whom do KHS and AMS process personal data?
We process the personal data of people with whom we have (or have had) a direct or indirect relationship. This includes, for example, the personal data of customers, the next-of-kin of our customers, visitors to our website, or the employees of suppliers.
- Responsibility for processing personal data
Any reference to KHS and AMS in this privacy statement extends to all establishments and departments of KHS and AMS where personal data is processed.
- Processing personal data
We process personal data for the following purposes:
a. To enter into customer relations with you
If you register with KHS and/or AMS with a request for a particular service, we need your personal data. These are obvious details such as your name, address and place of residence, but also data needed to render the requested services.
b. To maintain relations with you and carry out assignments
As our customer, we want to offer you the best possible service. To this end, we process your personal data. We use your name, address or telephone number, for example, to contact you or to remind you of an appointment.
c. For internal and external consultation
In some cases, our staff need to consult with a colleague or external specialist (e.g. a hospital doctor).
d. For financial processing
We need your information to settle payment for services rendered, either with yourself or with your health insurance provider. In the case of occupational health services, we will need to settle with your employer.
e. To guarantee your safety and ours
Security cameras have been installed at a number of our establishments to guarantee your safety and ours. There are no cameras in our treatment rooms.
f. To establish and carry out agreements with suppliers
If either you or your employer have a supplier contract with KHS and/or AMS, we need to process your personal data. For example, to give you access to our establishments when carrying out short-term assignments.
g. For our business operations
As a service provider, it is necessary for us to maintain a good overview of our customer relations. Processing your data is one aspect of maintaining quality assurance records, as stipulated in the Medical Treatment Contracts Act (WGBO) and the guidelines of the Royal Dutch Medical Association (KNMG).
KHS and AMS are authorised to process your personal data for the above purposes under the following conditions:
- if you have given your consent for such processing and/or;
- if the processing is necessary in order to render the agreed services and/or;
- to comply with a legal obligations. Examples here include provisions in the Healthcare Insurance Act, the Utilisation of Citizen Service Numbers in Healthcare Act, the Absenteeism Reduction Act, and the Public Health Act.
5. Special categories of personal data
Sensitive data constitute a special category. Sensitive data are those relating to your health, ethnic background or religion, among other things. We process personal data in this category to provide you with health services effectively. Other than that, we only process special personal data if this is required by law or regulation, or if you give us explicit permission, or if you request us to do so.
If you ask us to record your personal data or if you choose to make your data publicly available, then we will only process these data if this is essential for providing our services.
6. Protection of personal data
At KHS and AMS, we protect your personal data in accordance with national security standards, which implies that your (medical) data will only be accessible to KHS/AMS staff providing you with treatment or support. Our staff sign confidentiality agreements and are not permitted to share information with unauthorised persons, even after they have terminated their employment with us.
If we wish to process your personal data for any other purpose than originally intended, we may only do so if there is a close match between the original purpose and the new purpose. For instance, if you require medication from a pharmacy after undergoing medical treatment. If we want to process your personal data for any other purpose than originally intended, then we will request your explicit permission to do so.
- Data storage
Your personal data are never stored longer than necessary, depending on the purpose for which they were stored. Medical data are stored for 15 years, unless laws and regulations (such as the Working Conditions Decree) stipulate otherwise. For instance, if the data are necessary to ensure proper treatment (e.g. in the case of a chronic ailment) or if they are exceedingly important to others (e.g. your children in the case of hereditary diseases.
- Rules for the processing of personal data
When processing personal data, KHS and AMS must comply with many different laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation, the Medical Treatment Agreement Act, the Utilisation of Citizen Service Numbers in Healthcare Act, the Healthcare Insurance Act, the Absenteeism Reduction Act, the Working Conditions Decree, the General Tax Act, and the Guidelines of the Royal Dutch Medical Association.
- Your rights
Because we process your personal data, you have the following rights:
- The right to view, correct and delete your data, which includes the right to be forgotten, unless the retention of these data is of significant importance to third parties or if erasure of such data is legally prohibited.
- The right to withdraw permission for processing your personal data.
- The right to object to data processing. This could make it difficult or even impossible for us to provide the services you require.
- The right to have your personal data forwarded to yourself or other organisations you specify.
You can submit such requests via our website or via the email address below.
10. Questions and complaints
If you have general questions regarding the processing of your personal or medical data by KHS and AMS, you can send them to us at the email address below.
You can submit complaints by way of our complaints procedure.
If KHS and/or AMS do not provide a satisfactory answer or deal with your complaint in a satisfactory manner, then you may approach the Personal Data Authority.
You will find all the contact details below.
- Questions with regard to the processing of your personal or medical data by KHS and AMS should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a complaint, please submit it using our online complaint
- Website of the Personal Data Authority: https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en
11. Revision of this document
This privacy statement may be revised from time to time. You will always find the latest version of our privacy statement on https://klmhealthservices.com/en/.